Monday, June 26, 2006

Journey to work

Got on the bus
Water started leaking out on to my lap!
Doh
water bottle wasn’t closed properly
Spent whole journey from south Manchester to city centre drying my lap, bag and its contents
Got of bus semi dry, mp3 players firmly on ears listening to Dauwd wharsnby ali’s widom and tea.
started walking towards the bus stop for the second bus from the city centre to north Manchester.
When some weirdo mumbles something to me, I can’t hear so I take of my headphones and ask him what he said
I wasn’t prepared for this!
The weirdo informed me that we catch the same 2 buses and he has noticed me on the phone a lot (looks like my dad description of me being glued to my phone might be correct!)
He has sat next to me a couple of times but I always have my mp3 player on, reading the news, reading a book or speaking on the phone ( it’s a boring journey.) so he felt he couldn't say hi.
We got to the second bus and the weirdo decides to sit next to me! Despite the Whole bloody bus being almost empty and proceeds to tell me about how he has been to Somalia yada yada (no he is not Somali).
Then he asks a lot of probing questions about my route home, where I work, what my working days are! (Little freak, like I was going to tell him)
The climax of weirdness came when I was reading the paper intently trying to zone him out and he turns to be saying, your bus stop is next!
For the love of God, I need to learn to drive and stop being so conspicuous ( I seriously might consider wearing all black to work!

12 comments:

white african said...

loooooooool, i'm still laughing sis, i swear i can image you doing the rabbit look when he told you its your stop.

sis it looks like you have an admirer.

nm and weird guy sounds interesting, i feel like im goona break into a song or something

NM said...

Rabbit look? tut who pointed that out in egypt anyway, am still protesting!

nm and the weird guy most certainly does not sound interesting!

he was a total freak WA

white african said...

come on i'm sure dep down you were flattered and next time you get on the bus your gonna be looking out for him hoping...

lol i'm only pulling your leg sis, i propose you carry a sign that says 'any human contact including talking and i will to expolde to a thousand little peices...

Anonymous said...

next time carry a copy of harry potter and use it (e.g whack him with it) if he becomes a bit too in your face.

half of people who have been raped or attacked know their attackers. be careful

good anon:)

NATIVE said...

good anon: that's a little negative isn't it. he might just be a lonely wierdo with nothing better to do.

NM: you can't help it if you attract wierd people. I thought I was the person that did that but since coming 2 mancity you take the cup......lool.

By the way taking a leaf outa my book and doin the black thing might be an idea......but then you won't be NM anymore.....it just wouldn't be right to be living in a world where NM didn't do colour...

NM said...

WA: LOL! i have this image of a man i uniform approaching me again but this time to ACTUALLY arrest me!

Good anon ( are you any chance the reformed mean anon?) as negetive as your comment sounded its true :(

Native female: the threat to wear all black was a knee jerk reaction, i would be seriously depressed!

Anonymous said...

Thats just plain scary. He knows too much about you. Maybe you need to change your route to work or vary your buses.

NM said...

I think we sisters need to take up a martial art. Everyone should be able to defend themselves.

Native female, i charge you with the responsibility of looking for a class that fits in with everyone’s schedule, do you accept?

I am reliably informed that ninjetsu is the art of the assassins (obviously am leaning towards this )

NATIVE said...

Why I gotta get dat charge?
I'm hesistant about acceptin....

I can try but no promises homiez...
I aint easy findin dat sorta class especially since I hav temporarily lost my sense of speech (am hopin it's temp) but inshaAllah kheir

NM said...

With responsibility comes trust am sure you will excel and your speech issue will only add to the fun you will have ;) mwahaha

Anonymous said...

awwwwww....sounds like the makings of a chick flick....

NM said...

or a horror movie ;)